THE WIVES by Alex Khan
5* Wow, what an intro to this author.
I'm a British Asian born and bred, and rarely have I seen a kickarse Asian female lead like Mumtaz.
I've not read the previous books in this series, but was drawn in by the author's name and Mumtaz's. And what a find it was.
A solid, tragic (or was it?) storyline; 2 separate deaths in 2 different communities; investigated by the same team of no-frills, no-dressing-it-up detectives; with an unexpected link between the two; further intensified by another death and someone pivotal who'd seemingly disappeared off the face of the planet; with an ending that'd been only vaguely hinted at, and with a fight-for-your-life actual ending. Utterly satisfying.
I'm just slightly confused about the Punjabi wedding stuff at the end, when the wedding was clearly a Muslim one, but prepared to go with the flow with it.
Now off to buy books 1 and 2.
ARC courtesy of NetGalley and Canelo/Hera, for my reading pleasure.
Comments
Post a Comment