CUT AND RUN by Michelle Kidd
4* Good, solid read with an unexpected twist at the end, which leaves a massive cliffhanger 🤨
MK can be occasionally hit and miss, but this is a solid read without filler.
There's a believable get-out-of-jail - no pun intended - for Jack where the gun, the teddy and Ritchie the bad guy are concerned, even if it gives rise to questions that the DCI should be asking. But, his secrets are safe. For now.
The slasher aspect is realistic enough to be chilling. And people's stupidity is very believable in making him go viral. That the cops were stumped was believable, but why oh why did no one think of Velcro? Really? I went there immediately.
The ending was perhaps, in hindsight, lightly hinted at. Very lightly. Kitty was seemingly stupid to call the person she'd shopped to the cops, but when the ending came to light, it was actually a bit shocking and sad, although sad is too strong a word for what I'm trying to say. Only a bit, though, as a certain person meeting a grisly end wasn't nice.
I'm not impressed the book ends on a cliffhanger that the cops are only slowly starting to be clued in about, as it means a wait until I can read the next book.
ARC courtesy of NetGalley and Joffe Books for my reading pleasure.
Comments
Post a Comment