ALL SHE BURNS by Charlotte Essex
4* Unlikable protags, but very readable.
She's a firestarter. Twisted firestarter. And a liar. And in need of psychotherapy. And a good(ish) little sister. And a better daughter at the end than I'd ever be to someone like her dad. And someone not likeable.
This is a complex book if you think about Red' issues. Her twin's death. Her part in saud death. Scarlett who lives in her head. Her deliberate distance from her brother that she maybe feels some affection for, if indeed she's capable of any. Her understandable estrangement from her father. Her losses. Her actions. Her dishonesty. Her lack of conscience. Her Teflon coating, it seems. But, it's a twisted book. But it's not a nice book, just one that draws you in. In my case it was because I wanted to see her caught, or if not, learn a lesson and make some changes. I don't think she did, cos she's a firestarter, a twisted firestarter.
ARC courtesy of NetGalley and Headline for my reading pleasure.
Comments
Post a Comment