GOALIE INTERFERENCE by K C Carmichael

4* Sweet, if not needing the tiniest suspension of disbelief that something like this could happen in 2026 USA.

I've not read the previous books in this series as ice hockey isn't my thing. I think I grabbed this as one of the leads is Russian and I anticipated lots of fighting his feelings, maybe some toxic masculinity, maybe some in-rink fighting masquerading as foreplay and romancing, but instead I got a sweet read without most of the aforementioned. 

I think the tale flowed because there are 2 previous ones focused on linked characters in the same sport. Not all are fully out but their teammates and family support them, and these leads' story fits in nicely without faux angst, drama or a not-believable outing. 

I'm not sure if it ends on a HEA or a HFN, as the ending is (realistically) abrupt. That's not a complaint as the final scenes and chapter added tension that was maybe a bit missing from the storyline. I think I liked the lower-angst aspect, and I definitely liked the romanticism, more so the Russian lead's. The Boucher family was a delight, which added to my enjoyment, but sadly, are maybe non-existent IRL in this/most sport/s. But, we can hope, right?

ARC courtesy of NetGalley and Storm Publishing for my reading pleasure. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HER BEAUTIFUL LIFE by Brianna Labuskes

IRONWOOD by Michael Connelly

THE FIX by Mia Sheridan